Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand
and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults.
You will build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to those who
are struggling. You will also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
After the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges
- Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges
- Understand how to interact with a person in crisis
- Know how to connect a person with help
- Use self-care tools and techniques